Thursday, September 24, 2009

Never Give Up

I hope that you've had a slightly more exciting day than I have; mine has been quite long and tedious.

This morning I had to get up earlier than normal to take care of some things, and before I was even out of bed, I was filled with dread for the day. As I laid there in bed, putting off the day ahead, I started to think about what I would write about today. When I finally found a topic, it brightened my day a little and I had the motivation to get up and get moving.

I have picture that a friend's daughter colored from me along time ago, hanging up in my room. Its a picture of a crane standing in the water with a struggling frog half in its mouth. The caption at the bottom of the picture reads: 'NEVER GIVE UP'. When I saw it hanging there on the wall, I realized that even though I had a busy day with lots of unexciting, tedious things to do I would still be able to get through it. Alot of times when I am having a bad day and am just ready to quit, I always end up being reminded not to give up.

I have had several times in my career when it would have been SOO much easier to give up and take the easy way out, but I never did. Sure, it may have taken me longer to get things done but I know that when Im finally finished that I have earned it. I like to think that in a way my not giving up has set me apart from all the others. Its like the saying goes: nothing worth having comes easy.

I would like to encourage you to NEVER GIVE UP! Don't be afraid to take the extra step to help get you where you want to go; its not always easy, but in the end it's always worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eliza, I just want to tell you that when my precious mother was dying of cancer I gave her this picture. The thing about my mum was that she was not a quitter. When she realized that she would not get better, and could no longer help herself, she went to bed for the last month of her life .. because she had to .. and each morning when she woke (while she could yet speak) she would softly say, "I can't believe I'm still here." See, she was eagerly waiting to go Home to the Lord. I always say that my mother did not quit, she never gave up -- she just changed her mind. :)
    Just keep on keeping on, Eliza, just as you are doing. Be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete